Here at Camp Supernow we love a good theme - any excuse to dress up, do crafts, and have fun, and we are there. Not that you need an excuse, but St. Patrick’s Day is a pretty great reason to do all of the above. So, we thought we’d share some ideas for ways you can celebrate this fabulous Irish holiday at home with kids.
- Read a St. Patrick’s Day Themed Book - Head out to your local library and support your community and see if you can find some books about the upcoming holiday. It’s a great way to build excitement!
- Organize a Four-Leaf Clover Scavenger Hunt - See if your children can find any real four leaf clovers in your own backyard, or in a local park. You could also have some pre-made that you can hide around your house and garden.
- Themed crafts: Try out this DIY leprechaun trap. Make sure you have some green paint handy.
- Make and eat something green: Bake some cookies to decorate, make Lucky Charm treats, St. Patrick's Day popcorn, or maybe even make some Irish soda bread (this usually isn’t green but it’s Irish!).
- Wear something green: The easiest option of them all. Wear all the green clothes that you have, and feel the luck of the Irish wash over you!
How do you plan to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your kid(s)? Do you have any special St. Patrick’s Day traditions?
Camp Supernow is a virtual program designed to teach kids ages 5-10 important social and emotional skills and supercharge their development into happy and healthy future grown-ups.
Learn more and sign up for a free trial at campsupernow.com